Fire Awareness Training
What we do
We provide fire awareness training sessions delivered by one of our friendly tutors who have all the relevant qualifications, training and more importantly real life “experience” serving in the fire service. Our fire awareness training includes hands on practical training on how to use different types of extinguishers to tackle different types of fire, as well as a theory section. On completion of the training all attendees will be presented with a certificate.
Our Fire Awareness Training course covers the following topics:
- Understand the character of fire, smoke and toxic fumes
- Know the fire hazards involved in the workplace
- Practice and promote fire prevention
- Know the right actions if fire breaks out
- Know the evacuation procedure and escape routes in your work place
- How to raise the alarm and call the fire service
- How to contain and delay the spread of fire
- How to tackle the fire safely (Correct use of extinguishers)
- Current Legislation
- Overview of fire safety law and obligations for employers
- Behaviour in the event of a fire
- Explanation of proactive role required by the fire wardens
- Examination of the reactive role played by the warden (the evacuation process)
- Film footage of fires and evacuation techniques
- Demonstration of extinguishers
Staff fire training should be carried out annually to ensure employees are familiar with what to do in the event of a fire.
If you have a large number of staff that require fire awareness training, we can come to you, all we need is a meeting room to accommodate all participants and approx. 3-4 car parking spaces outside for the practical training. If you only require fire awareness training for a few people, we run courses at various locations around East Anglia. Contact us for upcoming dates and locations or to discuss your fire training requirements.